Sunday 29 August 2010

it must have been a rescan day

We went and did the food shopping this morning (James came with me after I "threw my toys out of the pram" in protest at the trolley being difficult to push), we used fast track (you scan the shopping and pack as you go along).

We got to the checkout and the bloke in front had a full rescan (luckily he only had 3 bags of shopping so it was no big deal), it was our turn next and I just knew we were going to have a rescan too...

...sure enough the cashier said "its a rescan Im afraid" so I loaded all of the bags from my trolley (James had a trolley too as he went and darted off so he could stock up on cereal while I got the other groceries), and then James loaded the bags from his.

I asked the cashier when she had finished rescanning our shopping if there were any problems and she said that there wasnt, my only concern is the bananas because I handed those over as a "problem" item (in so far as I didnt weigh them to get a barcode for the scanner to read), if the system decided that I was trying to diddle them out of 67 pence then they will be making me have a rescan for the next 3 weeks! Oh well only time will tell...

Those of you who are interested in the 8 week challenge I lost the 300 grammes that I put on last week and am down a further 100 grammes ;o). I dont think that my one stone goal is achievable now but I will still carry on ;o).

I have another lunch coming up this week (it was almost two but a friend had decided to take the day off that we were to meet because it is her anniversary weekend - and so the lunch has been put back to the next week)...

I was thinking "so how can I still be good and have lunch?" then the thought struck me to just have some veggies for my dinner the days that I have a naughty lunch ;o) The next question is - why didnt I have this pearl of wisdom earlier? ;o)

3 comments:

Al said...

Re-scans sound like a bit of a pain, hopefully you haven't now been flagged up as a suspicious character and don't have to keep having them.

Kelly said...

wisdom always comes too little too late, if we think like that. just be glad you have it now!

chocolat lover said...

Al - Im always been tagged as a "suspicious character" ;o)

Kelly - wisdom doesnt come to me often... ;o)