Tuesday 3 August 2010

should James be flattered or furious?

James went to lunch yesterday with one of his workmates and they were looking at the community projects in the atrium outside Chelmsford Library (where the Registry Office happens to be too), and the Registrar pops out and asks "Are you the wedding party?" to which James said "I have affection for him but Im not marrying him" to which the Registrar laughed ;o) He should never have worn that pink shirt and rainbow tie combo ;o)

Since losing all of his weight James is always asking "do I look gay?" to which I normally say "dont worry you dont look neat enough" ;o) I do love backhanded compliments...

I guess this weekend we will be looking for some butch clothing for him ;o)

4 comments:

Al said...

Good reply! I would only have thought of something like that a good five minutes later.

Maybe you need to get him to shave his head and get some tattoos or something.

Kelly said...

I think I would take it as a compliment. Just because (it seems) James is well mannered, polite, smart, and put together. Some people are used to heterosexual men being hairy crotch-scratching apes that burp and shove people....so anything outside of that spectrum seems a little different.

Y'all are both very witty. The bantering at home must be brilliant ;)

Al said...

Ah Kelly, I see you've been in the staff canteen at Tesco...

chocolat lover said...

Al - I wouldnt have come up with anything so good (quickly) either ;o)

Kelly - I think that given the chance that James would be like that too...

Al - your staff canteen sounds classy ;o)