Monday 2 August 2010

getting my back up

As you recall from here and here we have been having problems with our back up at work...

...on Friday an engineer turned up to fit a new tape drive (as our previously fitted one wasnt being recognised) , so once it had been fitted I put a tape in and (stupidly) expected to come in this morning and find the tape ejected and an e-mail saying that the back up was successful.

Did I heck?

No I came in and found he tape still in the tape drive and an e-mail saying that the tape drive wasnt being recognised *sigh*.

So I e-mailed our IT company and told them what had happened (as I was in before 8.30 when the help desk officially opens).

I then got an e-mail back saying that the back up had been configured to look for the wrong tape drive!

WTF they were the people who told the engineer what tape drive to bring!

I never ceased to be amazed by some peoples stupidity!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

sounds like you could have a blog centered around office stupidity, if you really wanted ;)

Al said...

It wasn't Tesco IT services was it? It sounds like just the sort of thing they'd do!

Although, actually, it wouldn't have been fixed in the first place because there would have been "no money" to do it.

chocolat lover said...

Kelly - there is only so much office stupidity that a blog can handle ;o)

Al - Tesco IT? Do you get clubcard points for it? ;o)

Al said...

Probably, although you'd no doubt want to shove your Clubcard somewhere quite unpleasant by the time you'd finished dealing with them!