Thursday 26 August 2010

overhead wire trouble

I got to Chelmsford station this morning and saw an inordinate number of people looking up at the screens and I thought "oh more train troubles" :o(

Oh well at least as this is the morning it isnt going to effect MY time ;o)

Anyhow there were over head wire problems in Ingatestone (why is it that every train problem involves Ingatestone in some way?) I lived in Ingatestone when I was younger so I dont hate the place in anyway (in case you wondered ;o)).

The trains started running again just before 7am...

...at which point there was to be a train that would start at Chelmsford leaving from platform 2 and a train that started from Witham leaving from platform 1 (Chelmsford station only has 2 platforms).

So loads of the passengers (or customers as they like to call us) went over to platform 2 (I stayed on platform 1). The train pulled in empty on platform 1 and the train from Witham (which was packed) pulled into platform 2 simultaneously.




Just about as I was to get on the train I spied and empty seat (my first thought when I see an empty seat on a packed train is "whats wrong with it?). I had a look and the only problem seemed to be that the lady sitting opposite had a smallish trolley suitcase - I wasnt going to let this put me off so I grabbed the seat ;o)

Luckily the seat wasnt wet or anything so I was well chuffed ;o).

I ended up being just 40 minutes later than I normally am so no big deal - and I still had a chance to do this post ;o)

2 comments:

Al said...

You should either get some diesel trains or switch to third rail electrification round there with the amount of wire issues you seem to have.

chocolat lover said...

hopefully NXEA will read this and take note!