Wednesday 18 May 2011

olympic torch relay route

I glanced up at the tv this morning and saw that the Olympic Torch relay route has been announced...

...and yes my first thought was are they going to go through Chelmsford? For those of you who thought the same thing yes it is ;o) It comes through (or rather goes through because Im at work) Chelmsford on day 49 Friday 6th July, if I happen to be off work that day then I will definitely try to get a few shots.

Apparently the Olympic Torch will go to within an hours travel of 95% of the population...

...as I tend to walk (if I am not being driven by my chauffeur) then it is correct in my case ;o)

It does make me wonder though what mode of travel they are taking into account.

7 comments:

Eileen H said...

That would be memorable to see the Olympic torch and get a photo.
I've just had a look at the map and yes it will go through Bangor in north Wales on day 10, Saturday 28th May, so I could beat you to it.
Will have to speak to my chauffeur:)

Eileen H said...

Doh, meant to say Monday 28th May...2012!!

Kelly said...

Sounds like a reason to take off work, if you ask me! Start suggesting the office shut down that day....you never know what will happen!

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - with it being on a bank holiday Bangor will be rammed...

...hopefully there will be some good olympic themed stuff going on those days...

Kelly - LOL I will start working on my bosses ;o)

Umbongo said...

Oh joy... so who gets to hold the torch? Maybe some micro-X-lister with a vague association to Essex via the BB Household. And just think how many fire safety officers with extinguishers it is going to take to 'protect Chelmsford' from this naked flame. It's bound to rain. Heavily.

My Naked Flame... now there's a blog topic :-)

chocolat lover said...

Andy - there are so many to chose from as Essex is a melting pot of annoying "has beens"...

...and yes its bound to rain and will probably put the flame out...

LOL the people running with the torch will probably have to go an a fire safety course :o(

Its going to take the fun right out of it!

Al said...

Apparently we're not important enough here, so if I want to see it I have to go to Brighton. Pah. I'll watch it on TV instead.

It does fall within the one hour travel limit though...