Sunday 15 May 2011

she was too subtle

Following my post on Thursday, I was pretty sure that a card would be waiting for me on Friday morning...

...guess what? It wasnt!

Anyhow I had already (on my way in) bought some croissants for my workmates.

So when we had our morning cup of tea I got out the croissants to share...

...one colleague (the very one who said that he knew that it was my birthday tomorrow no less) said to me "what are the croissants for? So I said "my birthday" and he then let out an expletive saying that he had forgotten...

...so I said (feeling rather annoyed) even after so and so said that it was my birthday tomorrow?

LOL I eventually got a birthday card at 3.30 pm ;o)

7 comments:

Eileen H said...

When he said he'd forgotten I would have been tempted to say LIAR, LIAR...
well to myself anyway :-)
At least you got a card eventually, not quite the same though!
Hope it didn't spoil your day.

chocolat lover said...

I was thinking that to be honest ;o)

It didnt spoil my day too much ;o)

Al said...

To be fair, I can forget something from one hour to the next so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he had genuinely forgotten about your Birthday and felt bad for doing so.

At least you got a card in the end though, which is better than them knowing and not getting you anything at all!

Eileen H said...

Al,
That is such a MAN excuse:

"To be fair, I can forget something from one hour to the next"

chocolat lover said...

Al - very true...

Eileen - I have been known to forget things from hour to hour too ;o)

Umbongo said...

Amber, understand that guys do not do birthdays. In fact, any kind of date is beyond our ability to remember for more than 20 minutes. This is why we forget aniversaries - we can remember approximate times, like we got married in the 'hot weather', but not the universal date-time value. Ergo, if it were not for Xmas starting in Sainsbury's in October, we would forget to send Xmas cards too!

Forgetting dates is in our DNA - it's on the Y Chromosome. That's why men invented the Secretary.

chocolat lover said...

Andy - it sounds like you may have used this reasoning before ;o)

The supermarkets starting Christmas in October makes total sense now ;o)