Sunday 29 May 2011

Im a sucker for new food

On Thursday morning I saw a new A-board outside Starbucks saying about their new breakfast range...

I got into work and eagerly looked at the website to see what goodies were on offer.

The buttermilk pancakes looked interesting as did the sausage and bacon butties (two separate things although Im pretty sure they would work well together).

So yesterday morning I was still unsure as to what I would try...

do I go for the pancakes or a butty? decisions decisions decisions!

I decided to go for the pancakes (decision made) then I was asked if I would like a topping to go with them? I thought that all I would have to do was chose the pancakes I didnt realise that I would still have to chose something else.

So I looked at the toppings on offer (they werent even free I might add) there was maple honey syrup, very berry compote or a mango compote...

arghhhhhh what do I go for? I was told that the berry one was nice so I went for that...

The pancakes were heated in their panini press (at least they werent hard and crispy around the edges like the ones on the cruise were), the very berry compote was ok but I dont think that I would get it again.


This morning I decided I wanted to try a buttie - next question do I go for the bacon or the sausage?

bacon or sausage, sausage or bacon?

I decided to go for sausage - as you cant beat a bit of sausage ;o)

They put the sausage buttie in the panini press and asked if I wanted any sauce - so I said that I didnt...

I eventually got my hot sausage bap buttie and the bottom (where it had been on the hot plate) was as stiff as cardboard and when I opened the buttie to have a look there were 3 halves of sausage and no butter (that I could see) now I dont like butter or margarine (so I was more than happy with their being no butter in there) but surely if something is called a buttie then it should have butter in it.


The sausages were Lincolnshire ones (not that I am a sausage connoisseur or anything).

And no I wont be having a buttie again either (or if I do I will make sure that I eat it cold).

3 comments:

Al said...

That must have been very dry without any sauce or butter on there and I can't believe they made you pay extra for having a topping on the pancakes!

It looks like the Breakfast range at Starbucks is one to avoid...

Eileen H said...

You've made my mouth water :)

I would have had a bacon buttie for sure, the sausage buttie with no butter or sauce does not sound appetising at all...

and oooh I just love pancakes with maple syrup :) I wish there was a Starbucks near here!

On a different note did you see the finals of Britains Best Dish? If not I won't spoil it for you, just to say what a worthy winner.

chocolat lover said...

Al - as I dont like butter or sauce then it was perfectly ok for me.

I was surprised at having to pay extra for the toppings (it should at least be included in the price).

Eileen - they did ask if I wanted any sauce so Im guessing that they would have provided me with the appropriate sachet

Watched BBD on Friday night - I thought the extra thing they offered was a nice touch too ;o)