Tuesday 31 May 2011

they must have thought that he was too stupid to be devious

I was in Marks & Spencers at lunchtime buying my lunch...

...I was walking upto the queue for the self scan tills and I saw a man joining the queue in the wrong place (basically the queue had snaked around and he stood behind the woman who was in the queue just before it started snaking) he then came out of the queue to get himself something else (my first thought was to watch this guy he case he tried to push in front of me).

Anyway he eventually picked up what he wanted and then stood directly behind me (again the queue had started snaking around). In usual British fashion no-one said to him "oi your pushing in the end of the queue is that way", as he hadnt directly pushed in front of me I didnt say anything either, coupled with the fact that you are never too sure if someone will knife you if you confront them.

4 comments:

Al said...

We get that a lot with the self-scan tills in our store too, with people ignoring the queue and just going up and waiting behind someone already using one. This is despite the addition of the Please Queue Here sign. They're normally put in their place pretty quickly though!

Eileen H said...

Just wondering what you would have done if he had pushed in front of you!

chocolat lover said...

Al - I bet its the old people who whine most about the queue jumpers ;o)

Eileen - I would have shown him where the end of the queue was and hoped that he took the hint.

Al said...

I think the old people tend to just moan amongst themselves, the younger ones are a bit more forthcoming in letting the jumper known of their annoyance. This is normally through the medium of shouting.