Sunday 5 August 2012

little miss bargain hunter

Since the school holidays have been on there have been loads of bargains on things for school aged children and as Evie is still a baby I cant usually get the benefit!

For the past couple of weeks I had been meaning to go into The Works as they had an offer on Mr Men & Little Miss books.

So I took a note of the books that I already had at home and went in there with my chip & pin card at the ready...

...I found the display of books and picked out all of the ones that we didnt have...

LOL I ended up buying 46 of them - they even used a 10% discount card (that they normally give you after you have made the purchase) to save me more money ;o)

Unfortunately they dont stock all of the books so will make a note of the ones that we have missing.

I used to really love reading the Mr Men books when I was little (The Little Miss ones didnt come out until the 1980s and by then I was too old for them).

Its hard to read to Evie at the moment as her attention span isnt quite upto it ;o)

5 comments:

Eileen H said...

Good heavens 46 in one go, but I don't blame you as they were on offer.
Evie will love them and you will enjoy reading to her. Hope you find your missing ones. It'll be lovely to have the complete set.

chocolat lover said...

I think that they thought all of their Christmases had come at once when they saw me carrying in all the books ;o)

Kelly said...

Wow. 46 of them and you still don't have them all? How many are in the series? I didn't even realize there were that many to begin with! Cute stories, though, I'm sure Evie will enjoy them.

Kelly said...

Oh, and I like your title for this post ;) Someone should do an animated picture of you to go with the title...and a story, even, about this adventure!

chocolat lover said...

Kelly - there are 34 Little Miss books and 47 Mr Men books.

It would make a funny story ;o)