Thursday 2 February 2017

diet police

In my local Starbucks you can now (if you so wish) order your drink/food through the app :)

So yesterday I went into town to get an incentive present for Evie.

So I went into town after getting the doll (she has to go a whole 4 weeks of having dry nights to get it), and walked into the coffee shop, found a seat and sat down.

I got my phone out, made sure I was connected to wi-fi, opened the starbucks app.

selected order, found the drink I wanted (a butterscotch brulee latte) and it would only let me get a medium sized drink as the largest size, but I wanted a large one!

So I went upto the counter and asked why it would only let me order a medium one and they said that it was because of the calories in a large size and they cant be seen to be promoting something that calorific.

But I always order it with only 2 pumps of syrup anyway, so my version isnt too calorific anyway.

So I had to order it the normal way, perhaps next time I will have a medium one just so I can order it on my phone, or instead go for a large sugarfree latte.

Yes thats what I will do...

...a large sugarfree caramel skinny latte through the app :)


4 comments:

Eileen H said...

Sometimes I think we live in the back of beyond, we don't even have a Starbucks. Reading that you can order by app (even if they are the diet police) makes me in awe of all this. Ordering the large sugarfree caramel skinny latte sounds like a good plan to me :)

chocolat lover said...

I will order that drink in honour of you :)

Im sure that a coffee chain will make its way to you soon - Costa seems to be overtaking every town now - we have 3 in town, 1 in Chelmer Village Retail park and there is even a drive through!

The Captain said...

I don't think I like the idea of ordering via an app. I love technology but sometimes I enjoy getting to interact with a real person. It's academic anyway since I don't frequent coffee shops, I've yet to get a good cup of tea from one (and they charge a fortune for essentially a tea bag and a splash of milk).

chocolat lover said...

I know what you mean about the tea in coffee shops...