Wednesday 21 February 2018

Q review

Yesterday we got Sky Q fitted...

As asked by the engineer I rang him to remind him that he was going to come to our house earlier than the 2 PM to 4 PM time slot that we were allocated, I left a voicemail...

They arrived at 1.30 PM so that was good...

One bloke came in to take out the Sky+ HD box and then he fitted the new box while the other engineer donned full gear (helmet, and safety equipment to replace the dish).

They were done in half an hour (I was told that it would take an hour so that was good).

I was able to pick Evie up from school on time too which was my main concern.

The main difference is that if yoiu are downloading a programme to watch such as Coronation Street (there  were 2 episodes for me to watch) towards the end of the first episode a countdown timer came up telling me how long until the next episode would play and it also then put a series link in for me! :)

Also if you download a boxset then it automatically downloads the next episode for you too, so I will have to test that :)

I downloaded something for Evie on BBC iPlayer and after the show had finished there was a banner at the bottom of the screen showing the next episode.

The box also tells you when the programme you are watching is ready to view too :)

All in all I like it so far :)

There is even a Sky Q app which I have downloaded, I cant play programmes from my phone anymore but I didnt use that very often anyway...

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

It sounds like it has some good features. I'll only change to Sky Q when I need to though.

chocolat lover said...

I think most people wait until they need to upgrade their sky box...

...and as you have only recently got a new one it wont be for absolutely ages (with a bit of luck) and the fitting might be free by then :)