Thursday 1 February 2018

days of the week and symbols

Yesterday when I was helping in Evies class they were doing days of the week as their maths :)

first they sang the days of the week song (I cannot find the right version but it goes to the tune of the Adamms Family theme tune :))

the kids were then asked to stick the days on their work sheet in the correct order and were asked some questions such as

what day is outdoor PE?
what day is singing assembly?
what day is indoor PE?
which days do you not go to school?
which day is achievement assembly?
what day do they do computing?

At least I learnt what they get upto in class each week :)

I had to file away work they had done on symbols too Evies one had two on one for hairdressers and the other one was Barcelona Football Club!

I asked Evie later why she picked them and she said it was because they were on the whiteboard.

Phew I was worried that she was going to get into football :)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

It's a good way too remember things if they're in a sing along song.
Now I'm retired I can never remember what day of the week it is :)

Misunderstood said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtQcnZ2JWsY

Jules said...

It's good to get an insight into what they get up to isn't it. X

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - phones are good for double checking if I ever get unsure :)

misunderstood - thanks thats the one :)

Jules - yes it sure is :)