Wednesday 25 July 2018

do you EVEN want the appointment?

Yesterday morning just after 9 am I called the place to book Evies apointment, I was told that the pediatrics team were busy and someone would call me back later...

...as I still hadnt been called back by 4 pm I called again and this time was told that I would be called either today or tomorrow.

At 7 pm I then get a phone call :)

It was the place I called earlier and the first thing the lady asked me was "do you even want the appointment?" I said that yes I did (I mean why would I have called to book the appointment otherwise?) she said it was because the doctor who referred us said that we didnt have any concerns, and they expect the parents to have the concerns in the first instance.

So I told her that I did want the appointment just to get the teachers off of our backs :)

We have an appointment booked for the end of August and we will get the bus there :) ironically there is a place just down the road from us but there were no appointments there and she said that there is a timescale that they are supposed to see kids in, so we are sticking with the appointment as it is in the school holidays.


4 comments:

Jules said...

They don't make things easy do they? The last time all I received was a reminder text. They had forgotten to send out any appointment letters! Luckily we were able to make the appointment in time.
It's good you've managed to get it during the holidays. X

chocolat lover said...

At least you got a reminder text :) they are sending out those here in Essex now too :)

Im pleased we managed to get it in the holidays :)

Eileen H said...

I'm glad your appointment is in the school holidays. Without going into details I still remember a teacher knowing better than us and basically interfering in something that was blown up out of all proportion. Not long for you to wait anyway and don't worry :)

chocolat lover said...

Eileen that sounds awful...

...yes it will be good once she has been seen and gets help if she needs it :)