Thursday 14 August 2014

squares and triangles

A couple of weeks ago I decided to try Evie on sandwiches again ;o)

I had a pasta salad on standby too but she ate the jam sandwich that I had made her.

She has since decided that chocolate spread sandwiches are her favourite and every time I ask her what she would like in her sandwich she says "chocolate spread" ;o)  I am happy that she wants to eat sandwiches but James has been going on and on that she should be eating different fillings!

So yesterday when I did her lunch I did one chocolate spread sandwich (cut into squares) and a jam sandwich (cut into triangles) I told her the fillings that were in them and she went straight for the chocolate spread ones.

Evie likes her sandwiches cut into squares and triangles

I even told her that the jam sandwich was the jam that Daddy had last night (that Evie was eating some of and enjoying) but she still wouldnt eat it, so I then said that her toy monkey wanted to eat some jam sandwich and he told her that it was delicious so Evie took a bite and then wouldnt eat anymore.

So I ended up doing another slice of bread with chocolate spread on which she wolfed down ;o)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

Haha she knows what she likes :-)

You'll have to tell her about Ken Dodd and the diddymen and the jam butty mines in Knotty Ash.... do you remember them ? :)

chocolat lover said...

she will like that ;o)

chamonix44 said...

Try food art. Cutting sandwiches into shapes on the plate and using different fruits and vegetables to make a background picture. Or open sandwiches. I recently sent your sister a photo of peanut butter bears on toast.On this occasion a whole slice of toast was used with two slices of banana making the ears, and a large blob of peanut butter was the nose with blueberries for the eyes and one on the nose. You can make some lovely small savoury sandwich faces using healthy things to decorate them, like tiny bits of tomato, or tiny bits of black olive, and cucumber.

chocolat lover said...

Mum - thats a good idea ;o)

I remember you making butterflies out of sandwiches when we were kids ;o)