Friday 28 January 2011

the lights stayed on

I went to the toilet yesterday for what can only be described as a "longer visit" and the lights stayed on ;o) I dont remember hearing anyone else come in so hopefully my request to the maintenance guys was carried out ;o).

I went to the toilet yesterday afternoon and the light came on as I opened the door, then I went into one of the toilets and noticed that the middle one was occupied and you could tell that she was having a "longer visit" too and by the stench it was a "much longer visit"!

We flushed the toilets at more or less the same time and I could only have walked out of my toilet three seconds before she did but she was out of there faster than you could say "I need some toilet paper", she didnt even wash her hands!

I wanted to ask her if the lights stayed on for longer before they went off again.

I can only deduce that it was the Italian girl that I see around sometimes as she is the only European that I see around, us English girls would have washed our hands after.

5 comments:

Al said...

Perhaps she was acutely aware of the stench and didn't want you to know who had made it, hence the quick getaway?

You'd hope that the English girls (or those of any nationalility come to that) would wash their hands, or that the person handling your food before you did the last time they were there, but you might be surprised by what'd you'd find if you actually checked.

I'm not suggesting spending the day sitting in the toilets mind you. Apart from anything else you might get a reputation for being a bit odd. It would be a good way to test the lights though!

chocolat lover said...

LOL many of the people who are in the service industry in London are European - although many of them are from the Eastern Block countries...

...my half a beef sandwich was made by an Italian guy - didnt have the guts to ask if he had washed his hands though! ;o)

Eileen H said...

Yuk!
I, on the other hand, have an almost OCD about hand washing. So much so that a few weeks ago my hands were chapped!

Connie T. said...

I just read that in the olden days that the royal people never washed or took baths. It was "The richer you were, the less baths you took. Maybe she is from that line of thinking. I wash my hands in the bathroom and then open the door with a paper towel and then hold the door with my foot, while trying to throw away the towel.
(This would not let me leave a comment using my wordpress account. This is my other blog.)

Connie

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - I was pretty astounded when she walked out without washing her hands!

Connie - thats not such a bad idea, but what do you do with the paper towel after? ;o)