Wednesday 12 January 2011

the trains are doing my head in

Ever since the clocks went back at the end of October the trains havent ran to time (its like the trains drivers are scared of the dark or something!).

Back on the 10th December the timetables changed...

Pre 10th December I used to get a nice air conditioned train that happened to leave from a platform where the next train I could catch would leave from the adjoining platform. So if I couldnt get a seat on my normal train then I could walk across to the other train and I would have a seat.

Post 10th December the train is no longer air conditioned (this is ok in the Winter but will be a whole different story in the Summer) and leaves from a single platform, and whilst the next train I can catch leaves from the next platform you have to walk back to the barriers to get to the other platform (after a hard day at work the last thing you want to do is have to faff about walking between platforms). And it now leaves two minutes earlier but also stops at Stratford station and effectively (if running on time) gets to Chelmsford at the same time.

Since we have had the snow (over a month ago now Im hastened to add) our trains have been running with fewer carriages as the "severe weather" has caused train faults! Why didnt they spend their millions of pounds when upgrading the trains to ones that will work in the cold weather? Come on nxea the weather is hardly the tropics here!

And now onto why I am in a strop...

...last night I got to the train and I spotted a couple of empty seat but stupidly didnt get one, so I was walking along the platform and the carriages were more and more crowded, so I spot an empty seat push the entry button on the door and it doesnt work, so I walk along to the next door get on the train and start walking along the carriage and someone has taken the seat, by now its too late to get off of the train (as the driver has shut the doors) so I end up standing. I didnt even have a comfy place to stand either. Then the train gets to Stratford and more people pile on!

In todays Metro there was a "no sh1t" article about how bloggers reveal their personalities through their words ;o) Really? I wonder what the experts would think of mine ;o)

5 comments:

Al said...

Isn't public transport fun? :)

The passengers along the South coast had their nice, shiny and air conditioned trains replaced with some old London cast-offs which are apparently none of those things. So it's not just you it's happening to.

chocolat lover said...

and we pay for the privilege too!

Anonymous said...

We don't have trains to ride here, only downtown. I once rode the subway trains in Washington DC. I loved them.
I don't say much of those words in that article. I mostly say yuck, yummy and euwwww. So I guess that means I have an awful personality.

Kelly said...

I can own being neurotic. ;)

Hey, Amber, do yourself a favor and get a seat next time!!!

chocolat lover said...

Connie - we rode the subway trains in Washington DC.

We got on the wrong train and when the driver announced what line she was driving we jumped off of the train.

I heard someone yelling "hey you" "you in the green jacket" I turned around as I was wearing a green fleece and it was the train driver. She said that whenever she says what line she is driving it amazes her how many people jump off of the train ;o)

I cant see our tube drivers in London being that friendly!

Kelly - yesterdays train was also short so I sat in the first free seat that I could see ;o)