Sunday 30 January 2011

renewing my train ticket

Its that time of year again to renew my train ticket...

My ticket expires on Monday but I thought that I may as well go this morning (when the station is at its quietest) so that I dont have to queue with the hoi polloi on Tuesday morning.  You just know that there will be a long queue what with it being the beginning of the month and all.

There was one person in front of me (so that was ok) when he finished I handed over my current ticket, the cheque (issued by work - I have to pay the money back with an interest free season ticket loan), the lady behind the counter told me that I would need a new photo card, my first thought was wtf?  Have I changed that much in 11 years?  She then asked if I was ok to use the same photo because the new photo card has to now have a bar code on it.  I said that I was ok to use the same photo (I dont exactly want to go through the drama of getting a new photo done) LOL I would have had to make sure that I looked miserable enough to look like I was going to work ;o).

Apparently the system nxea will be using will all be barcoded including the compensation delay vouchers.

LOL James asked me if the person in front of me was being a pain in the ass?   I said not but I was sure that the people in the queue formed behind me thought that I was ;o)

6 comments:

Al said...

At least you didn't have to worry about getting a new photo done and the hassle that would ensue from having to do it.

You know, in this day and age you would have thought that they would have found easier ways to deal with train tickets. Maybe something similar to Oyster in London where you can renew your ticket online or something like that.

Connie T. said...

How long does a train ticket last? We don't have those here. Do you have to go a really long distance to work?
Connieemeraldeyes

chocolat lover said...

Al - you can renew it online - I just prefer to do it in person especially as I have a cheque from work to pay for it...

Connie - the train ticket lasts one year - my journey to work is about 30 miles and takes me just over half an hour on the train..

Al said...

A fair point that! That being said, if you had to have a new photocard you might not have been able to do it online this time anyway.

Also, I was curious so I looked it up. The price of that ticket makes my eyes water, especially considering the relatively short distance.

chocolat lover said...

LOL it always astounds me that I have to pay out so much money just to go to work...

Al said...

I wouldn't bother, personally! :-)