Friday 21 January 2011

the early bird catches the maintenance man

As you know from previous posts, I work on the third floor...

In our toilets we have intelligent lighting, and there is a motion senser in the floor by the door. There are ladies toliets on the second and fourth floors.

On my way in in the morning I use the toilets on the second floor - the senser in there must be set for a fairly long time as the lights have never gone off while Im attending to my "business".

During the day I use the toilets on the fourth floor (for some reason I prefer walking upto the toilets rather than down), and if you are in there for a while then the lights will go off, I am not the only person that this has happened to as I have walked in there on countless occasions to see someone brushing there hair in the dark!

This morning I was walking up the stairs and saw two maintenance guys and explained to them about the intelligent lighting in the ladies, and trying to explain to them the problems without being VERY explicit.

They said that they would have a look at them for me - so fingers crossed ;o)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I like your new font :)

I hope they fix the problem. It isn't much fun using the facilities in the pitch black darkness!

Al said...

I suppose that for most things you have the benefit of being in one place. If the same thing happened in the mens then trying to aim in the dark would be difficult. Lets face it, some of us struggle in the light!

Anonymous said...

I would carry a small flashlight. I don't like to be in the dark in a restroom. Once I was in Wal-mart and the power went out. It was so dark. I have a keychain light, so I got it out and used it to find my way to the front of the store.

chocolat lover said...

Kelly - thanks ;o)

I saw the maintenance man later that morning and he said that he was about to look at the lights for me...

Al - LOL I have never heard the men moaning about the lights or how long they are on for, but I can imagine it being a problem!

Connie - I do have a little torch on a keyring in my handbag but luckily I know just to walk left to reset the lights. Your Walmart experience sounded horrible...