Sunday 23 January 2011

QI has just ruined "who built the ark"

James is watching QI and Stephen Fry just asked how many sheep were on the ark?  I shouted out two (as in from the song "who built the ark?")...

...apparently the clean animals were on there in sevens!  Sevens and not twos!

So ok...

...what other things have been lied to me through lyrics?

Did Ma Baker even have four sons?  Was she really not able to cry and did she really teach her sons how to die?

And what about Billy?  I have shed so many tears for him!

When I first heard the song as a four year old (my Mum will remember me crying when I first heard his fiancée throwing the letter away over hearing of his death), in actual fact I have a lump in my throat now!

4 comments:

Al said...

Seven seems like a bit of an strange number to have. I mean, they're going to want them to breed after the flood so why not have an even number of animals so that nobody is left out once the party starts.

Kelly said...

I agree with Al. Psh, 7? Not possible.

chocolat lover said...

I know...

...its so weird!

Al said...

On the other hand, can we really argue with Stephen Fry?