Thursday 23 January 2014

getting back on the slide

Yesterday me & Evie and a couple of other Mums went to a different soft play place,

Evie had decided that she wanted to play in the over 4's area ;o)

So we decided to go down the big wavy slide...

...the first time Evie sat on my lap (because there was someone in the lane next to me with her little boy in the third lane), the second time I let Evie sit next to me, I was half way down when I saw Evie lying on her side coming down with a frightened look on her face where she had toppled over :o(

As she wouldnt let me take her back on the slide (she started really crying when I started walking her up the stairs) we wet into the ball pool and then up some steep soft stairs and bumped down them again ;o).

So we went to look at the big wavy slide again after having some water and Evie said slide so I took that as a "I want to go back on there now" so I told her that she would sit on my lap again and she didnt cry this time and we did it another few times after that too ;o)

I was scared that she would have a fear of slides had I not got her back on there quickly!

They had a merry-go-round carousel kids ride and we each paid £1 for the three little ones to ride it ;o)

Then we packed up our stuff and went to Nandos for lunch ;o)

I got Evie the chicken strips with garlic bread and chips (I think all three kids had the same meal) and I had the chicken breast in a pitta bread with mango & lime sauce with chips & spicy rice (Evie loves her rice) so I put the bowl between us so Evie could take spoonfuls of it ;o)

Then we finished off with some chocolate birthday cake ;o)

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

You're right about giving it another go to dispel her fear.
Sounds like it was a fun day.

chocolat lover said...

we had a great time ;o)

The Captain said...

I've always tried to make sure my kids are pretty fearless when it came to play (obviously making sure they were safe), the missus was always the opposite. Hopefully we created the right balance.

I've always thought soft play areas are wasted on kids, there should be adults versions too. There's many a time I've had a sneaky go when my kids were younger, sadly now I don't have any excuses to play. :(

chocolat lover said...

As Evie likes to play in the bigger kids areas then I "have" to go in with her ;o)

I think that I definitely have just as much fun as she does especially going down the slides ;o)