Friday 29 August 2014

it was complete with a guitar playing vicar

This weeks Project Flickr is graveyards, so I had 2 nearby options, either go into town and do the graveyard in Chelmsford Cathedral or All Saints Church (hee hee it even has Sunday services that you can download!  BTW I will not be downloading them ;o)) which is very nearby.

As I didnt fancy going into town we (or rather I) walked and Evie sat in the buggy ;o)

When we got there there was a banner outside advertising their Summer Special, so I had a walk around the graveyard deciding what would make a good photo when an old lady came out and asked if I was "lost" so I told her no and that I as just having a look around.

She then told me about the "summer special" and how it was on at the moment if we wanted to go in, I thought to myself why not, Evie will enjoy herself...

...there was a horseshoe of tables and we went to the first one which was "treasure box "decorating ;o)

a treasure box with stick on jewels

there was also "coloured sand" to make patterns on paper (we didnt get time to do that).

We also didnt get time to do a bag for Evie either, but we did do a fan ;o)


It then ended with singing songs...

...my god is big (which I didnt know) and hes got the whole world in his hands which I only knew the chorus to.

And then there were prayers.

It reminded me back to when I was 17 and me and my friend Emma got talked into by another friend going to the Pentecostal Church Youth group and we both said that if they start praying we are getting out of there...

...of course they did start praying but we couldnt really sneak out ;o) and our friend said after that it wasnt normally "that bad" still, we didnt go back again ;o)

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

I am familiar with the Pentecostal church. I have been to healing services and remember the congregation speaking in tongues. I was a child at the time and it left a lasting impression on me!

Did you ever get your photo for Flickr?

chocolat lover said...

yes I did ;o)here