Sunday 11 January 2015

a better day

After Wednesday I was apprehensive to mention the word school to Evie on Friday...

...as it was she only cried for a couple of minutes.

And then when we came back upstairs to get changed Evie even wanted to help me to get the stuff out that she was going to wear (including her school t-shirt).

Evie has even started helping me by getting out her socks and vests from the drawer ;o)

When it came to taking Evie to school she wanted to get in the buggy (its a mile walk so too far for her little legs at the moment) before I had even turned the tv off, and when we got there she ran off and started to play in the sandbox while I was hanging up her coat and bag ;o)

Yesterday James decided to get his hair cut and so I was left to entertain Evie while we had breakfast in a coffee shop ;o)

Just after James had left Evie decided she wanted to run around.   So to get her to sit down I offered to let her play toddler lock, after 5 minutes Evie was bored again so I offered to find something for her to watch on youtube.

I found the whole of series 3 of Peppa Pig ;o)

engrossed
a big smile ;o)
It makes me wonder what Evie will have on hand to entertain her kids ;o)

When I was a kid I think that my Mum bought colouring books for us to do ;o)

3 comments:

chamonix44 said...

Awww Amber, you never needed many things to keep you amused when you were little. You were such a happy little girl and so well behaved. But you were often ill and then you were not so happy.

Eileen H said...

It's mad how fast things are changing in the world, you're right to ponder. I remember I used to play shop with my Mum's catalogues and toy money, and I used to sing using the Hoover as a microphone:)

chocolat lover said...

thanks Mum ;o)

Eileen - that is sweet playing shops with your Mums catalogues, and who doesnt like to sing down a microphone? ;o)