Friday 30 June 2017

interview #9 a good but no cigar

The e-mail I received from the school said to get there for 9.45 and my interview would be at 10.45...

...as it wasnt worth returning home I went there straight from dropping Evie off at school.

The receptionist kept on telling me that I was there so early (I did tell her that the e-mail said to get there for 9.45 but still).

Just after 9.45 T showed me around the school telling me all the things about the job and that most term day night I would be expected to work until 10.30 pm (just to let me know).

I watched 3 men go in for their interviews before me, and then it was my turn.

They asked me questions (no curve ball ones luckily) and I think I answered them well, I was then told that they would either let me know yesterday or today but I would be told either way so thats good.

They also asked if I would be able to work at weekends and school holidays (in teh evening in the school holidays) and I said yes I would.

Anyway yesterday just as I was leaving to pick Evie up I got a phone call saying that I hadnt got the job but it was a really good interview (so that was good) and they deliberated for 2 hours as to who to go for...

...but they went for someone else - but they would keep my details and let me know if any other jobs came up at the school :)

He also said that 7 people applied and I think they interviewed all applicants so thats nice :)

I dont mind as at least it means that I wont be missing Evies bedtime so thats good :)

4 comments:

Jules said...

That's a shame about the job but I know what you mean about the bed time thing. X

chocolat lover said...

thanks - we would have skyped the goodnight thing but its always nicer to do it in person :)

Eileen H said...

You did well at your interview, well done. Shame you didn't get the job though, keeping your details is promising.

chocolat lover said...

thats what I thought :)