Thursday 5 July 2018

class swap day

Today is class swap day :)

The kids go into their new class for the day whilst the kids starting in reception have their last settling in session for an hour and a half without Mum :)

Yesterday I helped out in class and I did the daily mile with the kids (5 times around the track), helped with their maths (writing down how long it took to do certain things) and in English they had to carry on writing the enormous turnip story (with lots of adjectives).

J's Mum is helping today so I wonder if she will be helping in the new class or the old class (she will have fun whatever :o)).

I asked Evie if she would like me to carry on helping in year 2 and she said that she would :) So I will ask at the meet the teacher session in September :)

4 comments:

Jules said...

I always feel so sorry for the children traipsing round and round the playground to complete their mile. I understand why they do it but it must get monotonous.
I hope Evie enjoys her time in the new class. X

Eileen H said...

Fingers crossed you will be able to help out in year 2.

The Captain said...

Transition is a brilliant way of easing the kids in without the shock of the first day.

chocolat lover said...

Jules - the kids all seemed to be enjoying themselves doing their daily mile :)

Eileen - Im hoping I can too :)

Kirt - we never had it when I was at school...

...things are a lot better these days :)