Wednesday 20 September 2017

bored enough to read...

...well it was for a bit anyway :)

Yesterday just before bed time Evie said that she was bored...

...so she pulled out one of her comics and was leafing through it, so I said to her shall I look for a story for us to read together, and she said no.

Then when she was doing something else I picked up the comic and found a story for us to read, she read about half a pages worth before saying that she wanted to stop :).

It was probably the most reading that she has done in one go as the books that she brings home from school arent very long (although they can take her anything upto 20 minutes to read them depending on her mood :)).

Perhaps I can get her to read one of my all time favourite books soon and these books too :)

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

It sounds like Evie needs something more in depth to keep her attention. The Roald Dahl books are great.
When my son was young he loved a Star Wars story book so much he knew the words off by heart as he read and heard it so many times.

Jules said...

I am often relieved when Lily wants to read a book by herself. When she wants me to read to her it can be anything up to ten books at a time! X

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - I will try and find some better books for her :)

Jules - Evie will read her reading book that she brings home from school on her own but she has a habit of guessing the words rather than actually reading them...

...omg 10 books! :)