Wednesday 6 September 2017

tired and refusing

I was chatting to a Mum yesterday morning at the gates and she said that wellies are not needed in year 1 as they do not do much playing (which makes sense) so I bought the wellies back with me.

When Evie got out last night she was carrying her raincoat also so she doesnt need that either...

On our way home I asked her if she wanted a play in the playground and she said yes so we had a little play until 3.45 pm and when we got home I tried to get her to read her book and she started but wasnt really concentrating or trying to read the words properly.

I was hoping that after she had her dinner she would be willing to try again but no she still flat out refused.

So after her bath she went to bed as we could tell how tired she was, and I told her that if she wasnt going to read her book then she couldnt watch any tv either.

This morning she got up and I asked her again if she wanted to read and she said no, so I told her that she still couldnt watch any tv if she didnt read and she was then happy to read her book

So there are 2 entries in her reading record (1 good 1 bad)...

...we have also been told that she has outdoor PE on Tuesday afternoons, indoor PE on Friday, spelling tests on Thursdays and new words to learn on Fridays, as well as her reading book to read each night...

Evie ready for school

4 comments:

Jules said...

That's a great photograph! Gorgeous girl.
I don't understand. Do you mean you're supposed to put a 'bad' entry in her reading record just because she doesn't want to read at a particular time? X

Eileen H said...

Evie is looking very grown up now. First day back at school must be tiring so it's not really surprising that she wasn't wanting to read her book. She'll soon settle into the routine.

chocolat lover said...

Jules - I donnt think you are actually supposed to put a bad comment in there :)

In her reading record in reception year I tended to just put the book name and only commented if necessary (such as if she didnt like the book).

In her year 1 book there is a section for comments and I wanted her teacher to know that I at least tried to get her to read it, and then when I did :)

Eileen - by what I heard they were all tired after :)

Jules said...

Thank goodness for that. I was worried for a moment. 😃 X