Wednesday 13 September 2017

no reassurance needed

In the leaflet we were given at the end of reception year (about what to expect in year 1) one of the things it said was that the kids are expected (after the first couple of days) to walk from the school gates to the classroom on their own.

I saw a few of her classmates doing it but Evie still wanted me to walk to the classroom with her, so I did it up until Monday.

Yesterday I told her that Miss B would like her to walk from the gate to her classroom on her own and I said that me & Daddy would be proud of her if she did, and then she said that Miss B would be proud of her too and I said that yes she would.

So yesterday I kissed her goodbye after the caretaker had opened the gates and she took her bookbag and walked to her classroom without even looking around at me, I watched her until she was out of sight (her classroom is across the playground and then around the corner) :)

A's Mum was watching him as it was his first time too she was shouting to him to walk in with L as he was dithering about what to do).

I told Evie to let her teacher know that she had read her book twice so that it could be changed and when I checked her bag yesterday it had she had a different book.

LOL they are also expected to let the teacher know if there is a note in their bags now :)

5 comments:

Jules said...

They grow independent so quickly don't they. It's a good sign that they feel secure. When I dropped Lily off yesterday she didn't even have the decency to look back! I think that might change next week when she will be there for longer. X

chocolat lover said...

Its good that she is getting independent :)

Is Lily enjoying school?

Jules said...

She is, for now. 😊 X

Eileen H said...

Evie's confidence is growing, I bet you had a lump in your throat with pride :)

chocolat lover said...

Jules - thats good :)

Eileen - I did :) I sent James a text so he could be proud of her too :)