Thursday 21 September 2017

the Y1 walk

Yesterday was the year 1 walk...

...I arrived at the school and told the school office what I was there for, and they told me to go around to the classroom.

So I went in and saw a couple of other Mums and one of them told me to find my bits (there were laid out on a table in piles) and there was a sheet to sign to say that I had read the risk assessment (keep the kids safe type thing).

I then noticed the kids sitting on the floor and Miss B was going through road safety :)

She got them all to go to the toilet (in their tables, Evie is orange :)), and then once they all had their coats on they had to line up (with their grown up) our group was me, Evie, I and J.

We were the second to last group with the teaching assistants group being at the back.

We were looking at different buildings bungalows, semi detatched, victorian terrace house, cottages and maisonettes.  We had to talk about the different characteristics of each type.

I even found out that a manor house nearby had been converted in to 3 houses and then into flats :).

I told me that she lives in a flat and they have to go through a tunnel to park.  J told me he lives in a house and was telling me what each car was...

..it reminded me of brother #2 he knew all of the car badges :)

It was then back to school Evie helped me to take off my safety jacket and wanted me to stay, I told her that I want able to stay and she was ok with that.

I didnt have that long until home time so went home had something to drink then it was back to pick her up again :)

3 comments:

Jules said...

It's always a bit of a concern when they expect you stay afterwards. It's good Evie was OK with it. X

Eileen H said...

I'm sure you enjoyed the walk too and it made Evie happy you being there :)
My husband is one of those who can tell what make and model every car is...drives me nuts :-)

chocolat lover said...

Jules - I was pleased that she was ok with it too...

Eileen - yes the walk was good, the kids were all really well behaved :)

You should take hubby down to the train station car park as a treat - I used to do that with my brother :)