Wednesday 12 February 2014

thigh update

So yesterday morning I rang the doctors bang on 8 o'clock and I got the engaged tone so I kept on ringing them and managed to get through at about 10 minutes past.

I was told that the only appointments they had that were left available was the afternoon and at 2.20 pm!  I was asked what I would be seeing the doctor about and told her about the indent in my thigh and she said "oh" so I said to her "its something a bit different for you".

As Evie normally has her nap after her lunch I decided to have my lunch at the same time as her and after I had changed her nappy and done the washing up I put her in her buggy so that she could fall asleep before we set off to go into town.

So I left our house just after 1 pm with Evie still asleep - we were just getting to one of the crossings as we were getting into town and I heard a little voice shout out "green man green man" and I looked down and sure enough Evie had woken up ;o)

When we went to Tumble Tots on Monday we were told that they would have a stand in The Meadows Shopping Centre (sounds much grander than it is) and that they have a prize draw to win a year of tumble tots sessions (so whilst I was passing through I entered the competition doubt I win but you never know) ;o).

So I saw the doctor and told him about the indent and showed him he prodded it and asked if it was painful and I said no and he said that it was just a loss of fatty deposits, and that I should come back if it gets painful, or if there is any swelling underneath it or if the indent turns into a cavern!

So that was a relief ;o)

8 comments:

Eileen H said...

Good luck in the draw.
Keep an eye on the indent, but glad it's probably nothing to worry about.

chocolat lover said...

will do...

...I am so glad that its nothing horrible ;o)

Unknown said...

I want to lose some fatty deposits! :) Glad you're ok.

chocolat lover said...

James did say "oh, thats good isnt it" ;o)

The Captain said...

Isn't it amazing that doctor's surguries ask you to ring first thing and when you do (even if you get straight through) they only have a couple of appointments at crappy times? Who gets all the good ones?

chocolat lover said...

not being at work the appointment time doesnt overly matter (as long as it isnt first thing).

Whereas when I was at work I wanted first thing in the morning or last thing in the evening over anything else.

No matter what time I go in there is always at least one old person there!

Eileen H said...

Don't get me started :-(
Our surgery only does appointments on the day. You queue up for them to open at 8.30, (getting through on the phone is like trying to win the lottery), then they give you an appointment for 10.30, so you hang around town... then run late and you get seen gone 11 o'clock!!

chocolat lover said...

they sound like a complete nightmare...