Sunday 30 November 2008

In Custardy

Monday saw me & James' Mum going to Harrods...

I was well surprised that they had special offers on, such as three for the price of two, and buy one get one half price, and I'm pretty sure that before I hysterically collapsed I actually saw a buy one get one free!

A buy one get one free in Harrods, What is the world coming to? ;o)

The only things we bought were from the food hall. I bought two tins of biscuits, some fudge, some cakes and a Christmas pudding for James - so not too bad.

For our lunch we went to Cafe Rouge, I had a rather nice grilled spicy sausage baguette with chips (which I only ate half of ;o)).

I'm pleased to say we didnt get "asked to leave" or more importantly to "never darken their doorstep unless hell freezes over", and neither did we strangle each other ;o).

That Thai Coconut Curry Innocent Veg Pot I had last week was really nice, James didnt like it. In fact he said "Yuck, are you trying to poison me, you know I dont do any of that healthy muck".

I have bought another two to try this week...

The Tuscan bean stew and Moroccan squash tagine - I shall tell you what theyre like next week ;o)

I have just looked on the Innocent website to see what it says about them and for the Tuscan bean stew it says that Luigi is your uncle, well thats uncanny because hes my Dad ;o).

Tomorrow I can start on my Advent calendar - a chocolate one of course. It would be really good if they did a liqueur chocolate one. Perhaps thats the way I can make my fortune ;o).

I actually saw in Marks & Spencers that they are doing a biscuit one ;o)

Well youll be pleased to know I managed to get a packet of two custard tarts before the phantom custard tart napper got to them ;o).

So I hear you asking what did the sausage baguette do to your weight? Well I put on one pound and am not too surprised.

I dont think December is going to be good weightwise and it shouldnt be either ;o). Im umming and ahhing about whether to weigh myself at all in December and guess that I should do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice1 on the innocent veg pot. its good for your soul to eat less of your fellow beings. well maybe. course i would say that as a vegetarian. anyway nice to vary your diet. why did you only eat half of your meal?

chocolat lover said...

It was only the chips I ate half of...

The lunch was really nice and I was getting full up on the french bread.

Al said...

Nuts, I knew I shouldn't have spent the day in front of the TV rather than buying all the custard tarts.

As for weighing yourself in December I don't really know. I think it would probably be better to, that way if you do end up putting a lot on then it won't come as such a shock. At least by weighing yourself weekly, even if it is an increase it won't seem such a big one.

chocolat lover said...

Al, you missed out on loads of custard tarts...

Your right that its best to know what I'm up against weightwise.

James (UK) said...

I think I could "go" vegetarian quite easily... just look at the range of flavours and textures you get with Indian vegetarian food.

chocolat lover said...

James there arent too many diets out there which have better vegetarian dishes than meat dishes.

Indian food certainly has that one nailed ;o)

I'm not too sure I could go vegetarian though as I enjoy my sausage and bacon sandwiches ;o).

Anonymous said...

years ago vegetarian sausagers,burgers were appauling but they are much better these days. as for taste/texture as with any food imagination and practice are the only limits.