Sunday 14 December 2008

Souper Douper

Im not normally someone who likes soups, but a few weeks ago I saw that the New Covent Garden Soup Company was doing a Choc full of Beans soup which was a chili bean soup with rice and a touch of chocolate, that sounded really nice so I bought it and put it in the freezer.

Anyhow on Thursday I got the soup out of the freezer to have for my lunch (I was using up yet more of my holiday), and to my surprise it was really nice. So nice that when out shopping this morning I bought another two cartons of soup...

This time I have gone for their "Soup of the Month" Chicken Vegetable & Pearl Barley and Toulouse Sausage & Puy Lentil.

Next Ill be appreciating the bouquet in a bottle of 1962 Pinot Grigio, well maybe not ;o)...

I had the Friday off also to ruin James' first day of his redundancy.

On Tuesday we have our Christmas lunch at Loch Fyne, I even treated myself to a nice purple top to wear from Next (Im just showing off that I can now fit into stuff from Next ;o)).

My Mum has been reading my blog (hello Mum) and she said that I look thin in the photos. This doesnt sound like the Mum I know and love so it must be true as she never normally says nice things like that ;o).

While buying the fruit yesterday to juice they didnt have any cheap plums so I bought a punnet of kiwi fruit instead (having apples, grapes and kiwi) the concoction was quite nice and is a dull green sludge colour.

We were in Starbucks yesterday, we were really surprised that they gave us a present of two mugs with two chocolate bars in them. They said they were giving presents to their "regular regulars". We were really touched by this, I guess the fact that we are friendly with them and bring in sweets sometimes has meant that we are recognisable. They even know our orders ;o)...

...James sticks with the same thing day in day out (Americano with whipped cream) but I'm always having different things, mind you the drink is always non fat ;o).

In Marks and Spencers yesterday I bought some chipolatas wrapped in bacon to have (I have only ever seen cocktail sausages done in this way). Im sure they are going to be scrummy.

I weighed myself this morning and was well chuffed to have lost two pounds, that was despite the bits I ate last week and the bread and butter pudding I bought on Thursday (I have had a quarter each night).

I only have another five pounds to go to get to where I was before the holiday ;o).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

using your holidays before christmas seems to have worked as you sound nice and chilled. : )

chocolat lover said...

I'm very chilled out, or is it just chilly? ;o)

The short weeks have been really good, but am not looking forward to working a full 5 days again on the trot come the new year!

James (UK) said...

"Regular regulars"... yes, I go every morning, after breakfast...

;-)

Al said...

I don't have any holiday left and have to wait for April before I'm allowed any more :-( My own fault though, having the odd day here and there a lot of the time when I should have saved them up and had a full week at some point next year.

Not sure I like the idea of chocolate in soup though, no matter how small the amount.

chocolat lover said...

James my "regular" time seems to be just before 8am on weekdays and a bit later at weekends ;o)

Luckily I'm at work by that time...

Al sometimes its better having the odd day off as it can break up he week, or make the weekend better.

What I tend to do is have my main holiday, then the odd single days off when needed.

Then towards the end of the year (by which time I realise I have loads of time left to take)I take what can only be described as clumps of days.

Al said...

I usually try to take a week at the beginning of the holiday year in April, two in summer (either as a fortnight or two seperate weeks) and another either in late November or January. That then leaves me a couple of days to have a long weekend or two somewhere. This year however, I've taken too many odd days and don't have the time left for my last week!