Sunday 4 January 2009

same sh1t different year...

Ive seen that a few blogs have done reviews of 2008, so I thought why should they have all the fun ;o)


So since I started this little blog, here is my review of 2008...
  • total weight gain - 23lbs
  • total weight loss - 13lbs
  • weeks gained weight - six
  • weeks lost weight - seven
  • weeks stayed the same - five
  • weeks not weighed myself - four
  • meals gone out for (excluding being on holiday) - six
  • meals gone out for on holiday - loads ;o)
  • coffees enjoyed in Starbucks - (again loads)
  • soups eaten - three
  • breakfasts eaten in hotels in the UK - two
  • breakfasts eaten in McDonalds - one
  • breakfasts eaten on holiday - eight
  • lunches with friends - five
  • lunches with family - one
  • complete strangers coming up to tell me how good I look since losing weight - one
  • bologneses cooked - two
  • chillis cooked that were actually bologneses - one
  • meatballs cooked - one
  • thai green chicken currys cooked - one
  • meals cooked from recipes received on this blog - one
  • meals cooked where they havent quite gone how they were supposed to - five ;o)
  • krispy kreme dunuts eaten - six
  • jam donuts eaten - two
  • dumper trucks wrapped up - 74
  • flights of stair walked up and down - thousands (ok perhaps thats an exaggeration - it was more like hundreds, but it definitely felt like thousands)
  • half a lamb sandwiches eaten - two
  • sausages eaten - 120
  • chocolate tasting boxes received - two
  • times I had to do the food shopping completely on my own - three
Ok, some of it wasnt relevent - but what can you do ;o)
Another short week last week, and my last one for a while as my holiday year runs January to December. Its going to be a real struggle going back to doing a full week again!
We got a nice surprise in the post the other day...
...it was from Starbucks - a book of vouchers - 50p off any drink every day from 2nd to 29th January (weve used three each already ;o)), and even better, when we walked in there on Friday they would have given us the vouchers anyway as were regular customers - how good is that?
Im glad to say I wasnt the only person to have put on eight pounds over Christmas, I was chatting whilst waiting for my skinny venti dark cherry mocha (if reading it isnt bad enough try asking for one ;o)) from Starbucks and was chatting to a barista and she had put on the same amount of weight too!
I had two proper lunches this week one with my Sister, and one with my mates. The one with my mates was scrambled egg on toast, and my other lunch was chilli con carne with rice from Yates Wine Lodge. I was going to go for their chili loaded chips, but was told I should have something proper!
We have a mini fridge in our office, and it was that cold last week that when I got the bottle of water out it was frozen solid! I then spent the day pouring out the thawed water to drink. I can now look Ray Mears in the eye and tell him that I too have had to wait for water to defrost before I could drink it...
...Ray, if your ever thinking of doing an extreme office survival series you may want to retell my story. I would like my part to be played by Kathy Burke ;o).
You can guarantee the water will be frozen solid again tomorrow ;o).
I was doing the food shopping this morning and saw that Innocent have out a new flavour in their veg pots, its sweet potato chilli with chargrilled peppers & smoky paprika.
I weighed myself this morning and was well chuffed that I have lost three pounds.
Oh and a Happy New Year!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

back in the right direction then, nice one. all the best for 2009 : )

James (UK) said...

Funny how we change... I went to having virtually no eggs last year, and here we are in 2009, and I've eaten loads.

chocolat lover said...

thanks AN...

James thats eggstrodinairy ;o)

Al said...

At least you've started this year in a positive way, now you just have to keep it up!

My fridge was freezing things for a while before it finally gave up doing anything altogether. Maybe it's time to look for a new mini-fridge? Was quite nice having literally ice cold Pepsi to drink though, just a shame it was winter!

chocolat lover said...

thanks Al.

Ill have to look in the sales at the fridges...

Anonymous said...

Here is where I managed to lose 32lbss....http://caloriecount.about.com/

It is a great little site and I love it :) A way to keep track of calories in and out....if you are interested. You seem to have done a great job by yourself, but there is plenty of room for others at this site and you might like it!

:) Thanks for the comment!

chocolat lover said...

thanks Kelly, Ill have a looksie at that site...

Well done on losing 32lbs

TheOneAndOnly said...

Very amusing,


how do you keep track of all those meals? I wouldn't have the foggiest!

I didn't force the chilli con carne down you!! :-P

chocolat lover said...

Thanks Kimberley...

...I ate the chilli willingly ;o)

some of it was guesswork and the rest was reading through my past posts.