Sunday 15 February 2009

It didnt have spinach in last time

I got a new bank card through the post a couple of weeks ago and I have been in the process of changing the card details of things that I order online.

The National Lottery in its infinite wisdom will not let you change your card details while you still have money in your account(you have to have money in your account before you can buy your tickets online)! So you have to transfer the money you have back to your bank card before you can add your new card details, THEN it says you dont have the minimum amount in your account - I think the minimum amount is £5.00 (no sh1t sherlock) then you have to add funds to your lottery account, to enable you to keep on playing.

The ticket I bought eight weeks ago had expired, and I didnt have enough in my online account so I had to do the whole transfer money back to my bank card, add card details, then add funds just so I could buy our tickets for the next two months!

Only in the UK do they have to make things which should be so easy difficult!

Well you'll be please to know that my whinge is (at the moment) over with ;o)

I have sampled yet more nice soups last week in Pret a Manger on Monday I had Thai Chicken Curry (chicken, rice, sweet potato, toasted coconut, lemongrass, fish sauce, turmeric, coriander, red chilli flakes and lime juice) which was really nice. On Thursday I thought I would have soup again and saw they had that again (I tell you it was that nice) so I ordered it...

...I got back to work opened up the carton and saw that it had spinach in! It didnt have spinach in last time so thought they had used a slightly different recipe, it then dawned on me that they had given me the other soup that they had that day Sag Aloo (potato, spinach, yoghurt, ginger, red chilli flakes and nutmeg), and that was really nice too. A definite contender for my nice soup list, there isnt a horrible soup list yet.

Im pretty sure that someone out there is trying to sabotage my lunches, as on Friday I wanted my half a lamb sandwich and Birleys had sold out of lamb! I then had to go for the half a turkey sandwich instead (that was nice too but not as nice as the lamb).

I only have a short week this week as on Thursday me and James are being diners on Market Kitchen, I'll let you know how we got on and when the broadcast date is next week ;o).

I must say Im really looking forward to it and have recorded an episode to watch so I know what we are supposed to say during the end credits (something like: Weve really enjoyed ourselves today, it was really good watching the chefs and I hope they invite us back again ;o)).

I see that Carmen is on at The Royal Albert Hall at the end of February....

...no no no this is so wrong I dont do culture, having soups is definitely having an adverse effect on me ;o) Apparently the "danger time" is in the first 2 hours after eating soups - I have to make sure I keep away from the internet as who knows what I will end up ordering!

This morning while doing the big shop I bought myself a jam donut to have for my dessert tonight, after all my talking about them last week.

I weighed myself this morning and have managed to lose another 200 grammes, I know that I will be putting on a bit of weight next week...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that y'all will be able to find the episode and link it to those of us outside of the UK! How exciting!!!

I don't eat nearly enough soup, but your posts lately make me want to run out and find something new and interesting :)

Al said...

Someone trying to sabotage your lunches? Well it certainly isn't me (no, really).

I suspect the National Lottery make you go through all of that because they want/need to pay any winnings into the same account as the money used to fund it. So if you had say £10 in your account and then changed the card details it could possibly go into a different account so they make you either use it all before you can change them or make you transfer it back. Whether there is some sort of law/rule/guideline they're following or whether it's down to security I don't know.

chocolat lover said...

Kelly, let me know what soup you find, I prefer the chunky ones as they are more filling. Hopefully there will be a link we can give you...

Al, it makes sense what you say about the national lottery, hopefully one day I will get a big win that they can pay direct into my bank account ;o)

James (UK) said...

Worth mentioning here that we use "Sentinel" to maintain a list of all of our credit / debit cards, passport numbers etc. in case we lose our wallets and that.

Had to use them once, and very pleased with how it all turned out, with new cards arriving within a few days. Saved so much hassle.

Can't set it up or maintain it online, but their website is: http://www.sentinelcardprotection.com/

Unknown said...

the recent years. Gali Satta Kings game The best part about this game is that you can play it even if you are on the move and do not have to restrict your movement. satta king One of the main reasons for its popularity is that they are very cheap and affordable. The other reason is that this game is purely based on luck and chance. Hence, there is no need to stress yourself about the result as the satta king online result is based on pure random numbers.
You can also use the satta king live online result to check on the results of any lottery game whether it is the Kentucky lottery or the European lottery. Sattaking This makes it one of the easiest ways through which you can get your hands on the latest updates regarding the number of lottery tickets which are available for sale in any area. Black Satta king Using this option of satta kabobs, one can check on the number of the remaining number of balls for every draw which is left. Hence, the satta king live online result will tell you how many more balls are left for you to choose from and help you in deciding which number of the satta game you would like to participate in.
The satta kabobs are available online which are being offered by faridabad gaziyabad gali and many other online dealers as well. Satta live result If you are looking for better deals in this field, then it is advisable to go for the best deal. The satta kabobs which are provided by faridabad gaziyabad gali are completely checked and verified by experts before being launched gali game in the market. If you want to take a look at the result, Satta Matka you can just log on to their website and look for better options. You can also book your desired satta kabobs for free by making use of this facility.
In fact, this is not the only way through which you can get to know the results of the satta game. The internet world has opened up so many avenues for the purpose of gathering information about the upcoming results. Satta bazar The internet world has allowed people to make use of so many different tools in this regard. One of the most reliable ways to find many different satta result is by browsing through the internet world.
The satta kabobs are among the most popular betting option which have gained a lot of popularity in