Sunday 30 May 2010

I thought it would have been busier

I went to Sainsburys this morning to do the food shopping, I was all set up for it to be packed in there because England is playing Japan this afternoon - surprisingly it wasnt busy at all - it was far busier in there last Sunday (I still cant think why!).

James has been saying for ages that he is surprised that they havent been filming Coronation Street in HD, and sure enough it will be showing in HD from Monday just in time for Gails trial ;o).

The World Cup hasnt even started yet, but all of the stores here are selling "products" to help you support England...

I have seen loads of stores offering the likes of free tvs and laptops (you buy it first then get your money back in the (unlikely) event of England winning), I thought that this was purely a UK thing (as England hasnt won in like ages), but surprisingly enough we saw similar adverts in Paris!

I must say I have got sucked in with all of the patriotism ;o)  I was in Sainsburys and bought some knickers (they made me smile), here I am sporting them Superman stylee ;o).


They arent the tackiest ones that I have seen, and yes I will be wearing them - but I wont be watching the football!

2 comments:

Al said...

It's just a pre-tournament friendly match today, or at least it was, so I don't think there would be that many 'casual' fans interested. Wait until the World Cup proper starts. I remember last time, I was working on Checkouts and there was a match in the afternoon. You couldn't move in there in the morning but come about 1pm the place was empty. I think I maybe served 10 customers between 1 and 4pm. Now, that's the ideal time to go shopping!

I assumed that a lot of the money back for every goal scored/free stuff if we win was just over here as well because, well, we don't normally make it very far. Interesting to hear they're doing it in other countries too.

Kelly said...

ahhahahahah!

Love the shirt :)