Sunday 9 May 2010

40th comiserations part 1

I cant believe that I am nearly 40...

forty FORTY F-O-R-T-Y that is seriously old!

I was out with three of my friends yesterday for afternoon tea at Claridges, we had a great time ;o)  About an hour into it we heard "happy birthday" being played on the piano, we wondered who it was for, and wouldnt you know that it was for me ;o)  They bought out a chocolate shaped like a handbag with a candle on top with "happy birthday" written on the plate.  Everyone clapped ;o).

I got a sphere of life necklace for my birthday present.  Its an expensive year as my friends are also turning 40 ;o)

At least we are all turning old together ;o)

2 comments:

Al said...

40 isn't so bad, is it?

Sounds like it was a nice afternoon and a nice surprise with the music etc.

Kelly said...

I haven't been by in a while....

Sorry!!!

That is nice that your friends surprised you, and even better that they are aging gracefully with you, too.

That Sphere of Life stuff is GORGEOUS! Which one did you get?