Sunday 18 July 2010

More characters should have scars

James has been watching Sons of Anarchy and said that one of the actors Katey Sagal must have had open heart surgery because she has a scar like my one.


So I googled or rather yahood to see if she had and when she had it.  Would you believe that the scar isnt real and the background story hasnt been told yet.


Having looked at her on the show I must say that the scar looks real.


A few years ago British Heart Foundation did an advert and you could tell that the scars werent real, this made me angry because Im sure that they could have used people that really had undergone the surgery.


What has been the biggest markdown that you have seen?  We were in Wilkinson today and we saw England supporters products being sold off for 5p, if they were being sold for £1 before England went out then thats a 95% discount!

6 comments:

Al said...

I haven't seen any really big markdowns recently. I know that we don't tend to reduce stuff past 75% (even reduced to clear stuff) which has never made sense to me. Even if we sell it at 90% off we're still selling it rather than wasting it.

Everything relating to England mysteriously disappeared the day after they went out. No idea what happened it, but I'm placing bets on it being in storage ready for 2014!

Oh, and the word verification thing is "manart". Is that like empty beer cans and crisp packets arranged just so?

chocolat lover said...

the other day I had a really apt word verification thing but cant remember what it was!

If you have the space then why not put the stuff in storage...

Kelly said...

I would have been angry, too. Imagine, having to pay actors and make up artists instead of making it about the people that have struggled through various heart troubles.

Speaking of word verification thing, for the past few weeks, I RARELY get them right on the first try. I have to try, try again. I guess my brain is just...soft these days.

chocolat lover said...

I tend to get the word verification thing wrong about 50% of the time (especially if the writing isnt very clear)

Al said...

Are you getting them wrong or are they just being annoying? I know that there have been occasions in the past where I know I've typed what is there but it still tells me I'm wrong.

Also, if you take a long time between this page loading and submitting your comment it seems to time out so even if you get it perfect you'll still have re-do it.

chocolat lover said...

I think its a mixture of all three!