Sunday 4 December 2011

testing the TENS machine

nse On Friday I finally got around to testing my TENS machine...

...James was going to test it for me first (my philosophy is why have a dog and bark yourself ;o)), but ended up doing it myself anyway!

So after having my shower I unpacked the TENS machine and read up on how to connect it up etc.

It says that you can test it on your forearm prior to using it in labour...

...so I connected the wires to two of the electrodes and placed them on my arm.
I then switched on the machine and started it on its lowest setting and I could definitely feel a slight pulsating so I hit the boost button (to use when the contraction starts) and the pulsating intensified...

I then tried it on the other setting and that had a more intense pulsating but I didnt check what the boost button did...

Anyhow the machine comes with extra batteries but I think that we will bring some extras with us anyway.

LOL the other day someone said that if you dont think that the TENS machine is helping with the contractions to try having one without using the machine.

2 comments:

Eileen H said...

Hope your machine works well for you and your labour isn't too prolonged.
A good idea to have the extra batteries.

I had to have an episiotomy having my second baby and must be unusual but being stitched afterwards was much worse than the actual giving birth! I'd have loved a Tens machine!

Al said...

Well nobody can accuse you of not being fully prepared anyway! Just make sure you remember to grab it when the time comes!