Monday 14 March 2011

Too much LOUD noise

The BBC have a penchant for putting music at levels (that wouldn’t be out of place at a InXS concert – yes I know Im showing my age) on as supposed background music.

Now I haven’t watched this show myself but I saw this about Brian Cox Wonders of the Universe and the fact it has music levels on there so LOUD that hundreds of viewers have complained…

,,,they said that because of the significant number of complaints received it meant that they would review the music levels and would “turn it down”.

James e-mailed the BBC a while ago about the loud music levels on Masterchef – I think they fobbed him off by saying that the viewers liked the music level (or something) perhaps he should have done an online petition or LOL chained himself to the outside of Comet in protest ;o)

8 comments:

Joe Jarvis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe Jarvis said...

Here in the States, the volume of television commercials became such a problem that President Obama recently signed the CALM (Commercial Advertisement Loudness Mitigation) Act.

Al said...

I have noticed this before with some BBC shows, although I haven't seen the one that you mentioned. I'm not sure what the purpose of having the background music so loud is though. Perhaps it's to stop the audience from nodding off half way through?

chocolat lover said...

Thats a good point - especially with nature shows ;o)

Anonymous said...

They broadcast all commercials loud over here.

Joe Jarvis said...

Before inadvertently deleting my comment, I meant to say that President Obama recently signed the CALM Act, which mandates that broadcasters in America regulate the volume of television commercials, which have gotten ridiculously loud.

chocolat lover said...

Joe - I worry that I will also get trigger happy when I am deleting comments...

...has it made a noticeable difference yet - or is it still too soon to tell?

chocolat lover said...

Connie - James is always muting the tv when the adverts come on - it drives me mad...