Friday 11 January 2013

midnight run

Last night Evie fell asleep on me just after 7pm...

...I then took her up just before 9pm to change her nappy just before her last feed.

I gave her her feed and she slept through it and then started to wake up as I was taking her upstairs.

As she was awake by now I read her a book the next book in the pile was Mr Funny and I was doing so well reading it to her that she was laughing ;o)

She then wouldnt go to sleep so at 10.30 I took her downstairs so she could get tired again and left her with James so I could go to sleep.

She was still awake at 11.30 so we decided that we should perhaps take her out in the car so that she would drop off.

We finally got out just before midnight and had a drive to Boreham and Evie fell asleep in five minutes ;o)

I just hope that she sleeps better tonight.

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

Why not try putting her in her buggy and pushing it backwards and forwards. It's the motion that makes babies fall asleep.
You are such devoted parents. You are going to be shattered going for midnight runs in the car!

Anonymous said...

I used to do that with my son, take him for a car ride to get him to sleep. You can also get one of those battery swings. It puts them to sleep. Also play some Yanni music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zAhGzBohMg ,

my son stills goes to sleep with that on.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - I will try that next time ;o)

Connie - we have a noise generator that has different sounds to help her sleep - I think that there is one very similar to that Yanni music ;o)