Sunday 12 January 2014

first second and third opinions

Following my post from Thursday Evie woke up on Friday morning and the spots had spread to her face and the ones that she had on her chest and back still hadnt blistered.

So while Evie was having her breakfast I called the doctors surgery to book her an appointment...

...so I explained to the receptionist about the spots and she said that we would have to wait in a side room (I dont mind in the slightest as it means that she cant pick up any other germs).

So we got to the surgery and I signed us in on the touchscreen by reception and told the receptionist that we were told to wait in a side room - we were lead into an examination room with just enough room for the buggy and I sat on the couch.

The doctor that we were supposed to see had been called out on an urgent matter and we were seen by her registrar...

I undressed Evie so that she could see the spots and she ran her fingers over them and said that they looked like a viral rash (so not contagious) but she would get another doctor to have a look, and that children sometimes get rashes when they get a bug but they do grow out of it thankfully.

So a second doctor had a look and because I said that we first noticed the spots on her ears she wanted to get a third opinion!

So the third doctor had a look and said that it was just the gastroenteritis working its way out of her system and the rash was a sign that she was almost over it.

We were about to go food shopping this morning and James said that there was a frozen worm in the garden!


on close inspection (I made James put on a pair of rubber gloves and made him wear the 3D glasses that I got when we saw Men in Black 3D) we realised after jabbing it with a fork that it was a spaghetti strand from Evies dinner last night of spaghetti and meatballs!

4 comments:

Eileen H said...

It's always a worry when you're not sure what's wrong. Glad Evie is feeling better now.
I would have given that frozen worm a wide berth :-)

chocolat lover said...

Its still just over a week til we know if Evie has caught chicken pox from my friends little girl...

...still at least I know what they look like ;o)

The Captain said...

My girls both had chicken pox very young. Where we live when a child got cp everyone sent there kids round to get it over and done with.

Love the bit with the so called frozen worm, great mental image.

chocolat lover said...

Ive heard of people sending their kids to get cp to get it out of the way, and the thing is you can still get it again anyway!

Hee hee I tried to build up the frozen worms part a bit ;o)