Sunday 17 April 2011

how much is too much?

In Metro the other day I saw this article, and it made me wonder just how much I will (or rather) have eaten in Easter related chocolate!

LOL Mum you may not want to read this any further ;o)

You all know from this post that back in February I had 12 Cadbury Creme Eggs, and I have since bought another 12 so that is 4200 calories as well as 2 Mars Bar eggs say 350 calories, 3 Lindor Eggs (apparently they are 90 calories each) so that is another 270 calories.

Not forgetting that I have also had the Aero bubbly lambs so that is 290 calories, and the Malteaster bunnies that is another 314 and the Cadbury Caramel bunnies thats another 400,  Not to mention the Malteser Easter Egg I bought in February, I think that was 600 calories for just the egg itself!

That is 6424 calories, and that isnt even including my stash of proper Easter Eggs...

Oh blimey there is also the 3 Cadbury Caramel eggs too so thats another 510 calories making it 6934!

7 comments:

Eileen H said...

Easy...just eat the chocolate and leave the calories :)

Al said...

It's Easter, you're allowed to eat far too much chocolate! Although traditionally I think you're supposed to wait until Easter before eating any of it!

On that note though, do you really have to count anything consumed before this weekend in your Easter calculations?

Kelly said...

Well, if it makes you feel any batter, if you ate it all in one sitting and did nothing about it...you wouldn't even gain two pounds. 3500 calories= 1 lb. :)

Connie T. said...

I just got a bag of caramel filled chocolate today. They taste so good. I don't look at the calories.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - thats a good bit of advice ;o)

Al - it just made me think more than anything!

Kelly - you have made me feel tonnes better ;o)

Connie - sometimes its best not to ;o)

Umbongo said...

It's not how you gain your calories, it's what you do with them. Those are immortal words some years back, from the office Calorie Nazi. He ate like us normal fat asses but then, in a fit of guilt rage, would work out, and then work out some more. I should add, he was also a mornings person, you know Amber, the kind of person who would ran five miles before work, but still be at his desk by eight - an hour ahead of everyone else. He even dated the office Gym Bunny, and together they worked out, and worked out some more. But they never had sex because, as he once pointed out, sex won't burn the right carbs. Why am I telling you this? Sadly in the middle of a 'fun run', he dropped dead from heart failure. He never ate chocolate which, I am sure, would have changed his outlook on calories. Enjoy Easter Amber!

Being a small monkey, you'll realise that most Easter eggs are the size of my head :-)

chocolat lover said...

Andy - an Easter Egg the size of my head would be awesome ;o)

That calorie nazi sounds weird.

LOL you are making me wonder now just what carbs sex burns off? ;o)