Sunday 18 April 2010

Im clearly not Jo material

Yesterday I went upto Oxford Street to buy a present for a friends son.

As I have a few trips where I am going to have to use the underground I thought that I would bite the bullet and buy an Oyster Card.  I had to pay a £3.00 deposit but it will save me some money (must remember to look at setting up the auto top up ;o)).

Whilst I was in Oxford Street I thought I might as well look at some dresses for the cruise, I managed to buy three this, this and this ;o)  It was a good job that I was on my own because I ended up going into the changing rooms three times, (it would have done James head in ;o)).

After eventually buying my dresses I then got some lunch and ate it by Marble Arch, I was sitting there and a bloke (in his late twenties I would say) went upto a lady (on her own reading through reports by the looks of it, she was also in her late twenties) and said to her "your not Jo are you?" to which she said no.  He didnt ask me - now I know that Im not Jo BUT I COULD HAVE BEEN!

5 comments:

Al said...

He probably didn't ask you because of that "Hello, my name is AMBER" badge that James makes you wear!

chocolat lover said...

How did you know about the badge? ;o)

I was also wearing my "dont approach me unless you are carrying chocolate" t-shirt too ;o)

Al said...

I have my ways, Amber, I have my ways...

The badge coupled with the shirt would definitely have fended off any impending approach and questioning.

Anonymous said...

I like the dresses. The black and white one is really nice. I wish we had transportation to use around town. I live so far out that there are no bus services. An underground train would be wonderful to use. When I went to New York, I rode on the subway, but they don't have those in very many cities. Cruises are fun. I wish I was going.

chocolat lover said...

thanks Connie ;o)

like everything the Tube is good when its working - and in the summer it gets stifflingly hot!