Thursday 25 November 2010

Thanksgiving dinner London style

I walked past Konditor & Cook this morning, and saw on their A-board outside that they were doing a turkey dinner with the traditional Thanksgiving sides...


...so I was umming and ahhing about whether to go for a soup or the turkey dinner for my lunch...

...I decided to go for the turkey dinner ;o)


I saw there were a couple of Americans in front of me and they went for the turkey dinner so I thought to myself they cant have ballsed it up too much then ;o)

Happy thanksgiving to my US friends ;o)

3 comments:

Al said...

I wonder if the Americans were impressed by their lunch in a box?

Anonymous said...

Was it good? Thanksgiving over here is just a celebration to have a nice dinner, to give thanks for your food I guess. The Pilgrims invited the Indians and had a 3 day feast in a celebration for having a good crop and that they lived I guess. A lot of them died. Today it is a Holiday and people mostly cook turkey, stuffing, and have sides of potatoes, gravy and veggies and a desert. When I worked we would bring in food for work and have a buffet. So in your own way you had Thanksgiving too.

chocolat lover said...

Al - they actually ate theyres in the cafe bit...

...it looked like it was fairly authentic ;o)

Connie - it was nice...

..LOL it would have been great to have had the day off too ;o)

At Christmas (on Christmas Eve) my bosses buy mince pies champagne & orange juice - the the office closes at lunchtime.