Wednesday 28 July 2010

I have lunch for you downstairs

I was just sitting here eating my lunch, and my phone rang...


caller "hello is that Amber?"
me "yes"
caller "I have your lunch downstairs"
me "you have my lunch downstairs?"
caller "yes - you are Amber arent you"
me "yes"
caller "I think I have the wrong Amber - you dont sound like my daughter"
me "yes there is an Amba next door"
caller "yes I want the Amba next door - but if you were my daughter then I would have bought you lunch"
me "you can buy me lunch tomorrow if you like ;o)"


How funny was that?

5 comments:

Kelly said...

should have just rolled with it and taken the free lunch ;)

chocolat lover said...

LOL - I think she would have noticed if I had turned up instead of her twenty-something daughter ;o)

Al said...

While you had her on the phone you could have asked why she chose to spell her daughter's name that way!

Al said...

Oh, and you could simply have said that Amba was busy and she asked you to come and collect it for her... :)

chocolat lover said...

Al _ could have asked "why the spelling" and I am not that devious with regards to "acquiring" her lunch ;o)