Thursday 28 January 2016

smart meter

A few weeks ago we got an e-mail from our electricity provider that our electricity meter was being phased out and that they would like to install a smart meter.

So James asked me what day would be best for me to be in  for it to be fitted, so we went for a day that Evie is at pre-school.

The smart meter got fitted yesterday...

...we even got a monitor to show us how much electricity we are using (the prices are ex VAT)

since we had it installed yesterday

tumble dryer, laptop, tv, light and sky box
with the load of washing from earlier today
Evie came up with a new word yesterday..

...yummylicous (I wonder how many times it has to be used before it gets added to the Oxford English Dictionary? ;o)


7 comments:

The Captain said...

Can you access it remotely (via smartphone)? That's what I want so I can whack the heating down when I'm at work!

The Captain said...

Can you access it remotely (via smartphone)? That's what I want so I can whack the heating down when I'm at work!

chocolat lover said...

It doesnt say that you can access the heating thermostat via a smartphone app, but Im sure its only a matter of time ;o)

Eileen H said...

Everything is getting smart these days :)
The Captain's suggestion doesn't seem out of the realms of possibility!

chocolat lover said...

it makes me wonder what things will be like when Evie is an adult ;o)

The Captain said...

You can do it, Hive does it but I don't know how expensive it is.

chocolat lover said...

oh, yes, of course they do