Wednesday 23 March 2011

breakfast of choice

I started off having a banana for breakfast, but of late the bananas on offer have been horrible looking to say the least (by horrible looking I mean either bruised or under-ripe) I know that with the under-ripe ones I could buy them and eat them after a few days - but LOL what would I eat in the meantime?

So I graduated onto cereal, the cereal was nice but on Sunday I wanted to have a change...

...so what do I got for? toast perhaps? no I dont fancy toast! Crumpets?  Ooohh that sparked my interest.

So while out shopping I eagerly looked at the calories on the crumpets and found some with 78 calories in each one, and even better their profits support armed forces charities - so Im giving to charity too ;o).

5 comments:

Al said...

I normally just have cereal myself, as when I'm getting breakfast I'm usually still half asleep. If I try actually fiddling with the grill in that state I'm liable to either gas myself or burn the house down.

Neither of those would be a good start to the day.

chocolat lover said...

I dont trust myself with the grill at the best of times...

...we just use the toaster - its far safer ;o)

Eileen H said...

The trouble with crumpets is the lashings of butter you need to put on them!

Anonymous said...

I usually eat a ceral bar, strawberry flavored. They came out with a new chocolate chip cookie flavor so I bought those. I had one of those today. They are 90 calories. I also have a cup of coffee.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - I have just been putting on it a scraping of jam ;o)

Connie - very healthy ;o)