Thursday 12 May 2011

an ex colleague letting the birthday cat out of the bag

An ex-colleague came into the office today...

...she left to become a full-time Mum - also the fact that we were working in Romford at the time and she couldnt meet her mates for lunch also had a large part to play in her leaving.

To say she hated Romford is a huge understatement...

She was standing my desk having a natter and she said to me "isnt it your birthday soon?" so I said yes tomorrow and she said to me "how old are you?" so I said "the same age as you will be in 16 days" and then she said "are the chaps taking you out for lunch" and I said "I dont think so as I think that they have forgotten"

One of my colleagues ears pricked up at this (he does have two ears) and said "have we forgotten your birthday" and I said no its tomorrow, and then my colleague said "yes I remembered" and turned to another colleague and said "You remembered too didnt you".

Yeah of course they did...

...well at least I should get a birthday card tomorrow now ;o)

7 comments:

Eileen H said...

Oh no, it'll be your birthday on Friday the thirteenth! Well lucky for you that your colleagues have been reminded :)

It's Martyn's on the 14th.

Al said...

I always have my Birthday off work, as a sort of present to myself, so I don't have to worry about them remembering (or otherwise)!

Kelly said...

It sounds like it was a conspiracy to me!

Has anything made it that way yet? I can just imagine your gift, on a ship, bobbing up and down in the middle of the Atlantic right now...as long as it takes to travel between here and there.

Were you born on Friday the 13th? If so, that would kind of make it your lucky day, wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Amber. Eat lots of chocolate

chocolat lover said...

thanks Connie I did ;o)

Joe Jarvis said...

Sorry for my belated wishes, but Happy Birthday!

chocolat lover said...

thanks Joe