Thursday 19 January 2012

hip scan

Because Evie was breech we were told that she would need to have a hip scan when she was 6 weeks old....

...well we had the scan done yesterday.

I was a bit worried about what the process involved as while we were waiting for our turn we could hear a lot of crying from a baby :o(

The scan involved Evie having to lie on her side (with me holding her still) in a makeshift cradle and I had to undo her babygrow and vest and nappy and they ran a wand over her hip to check that it wasnt harmed in any way.

As it was the ladies doing the scan said that as far as they could tell her hips were fine and that she was the best behaved baby that day ;o)

3 comments:

Eileen H said...

That's good news on both counts, that all's well with her hips and she's a good little girl:)
Can't believe she's six weeks old already.

Connie T. said...

My daughter had to have heart surgery when she was under a year old. To take her xrays they stuck her in this tight tube that was up and down and closed the door. That was strange to see her all stuck in that clear tube.

This is connie from wordpress. Blogger won't let me leave my other blog.

chocolat lover said...

Eileen - she is still only 5 weeks old...

...why the appointment was for a week early I dont know!

Connie - your poor daughter.

I had to have open heart surgery when I was 9 - so I was just old enough to be scared...

I didnt tell my Mum how scared I was and she didnt tell me either ;o(