Sunday 29 January 2012

six week check

I had my six week check up last Friday, and thanks to my dry run the week before we made it on time ;o)

I fed Evie at 7.30 in the knowledge that if the doctors surgery was running on time (I think that you can see where this is leading) that she wouldnt need feeding until we were finished.

So we arrived at the doctors 10 minutes early so that I wouldnt be all het up and signed myself in found a seat.  I then took Evies coat off as it was really warm in there before taking my coat off.

My appointment time (10:20) came and went and I wasnt called in, it the got to 11am and as suspected Evie started getting hungry - so came the dilemma do I risk starting to feed Evie and then annoy her by stopping mid feed or do we try to hold her off until I have been seen?

So I asked the receptionist how late the doctor was running as Evie needs feeding - she then asked wgat my name was and I told her and she said that I would be seen after the next person to go in - hurrah!

So I did have time to feed Evie ;o)

Just after I had winded her it was my turn to see the doctor.

I told him that I was there for my six week check up and he looked at my notes and saw that I had a cesarean because Evie was breach and I told him about the pooling blood too and he said that it sounded like I had a bad time of it...

...I never thought of it like that as I have heard of far worse birth experiences from my fellow NCT mums ;o).

Anyway I told him how my carpal tunnel syndrome still hasnt completely gone and he said that it can take upto 8 weeks to go!  It is gradually getting better so fingers crossed ;o)

He then asked what we were going to do about contraception?  I felt like telling him that we were far too knackered out for anything like that!  Still he has given me some options to think about ;o)

He then looked at my stitches and said that they were healing nicely which was a relief ;o)

I then got weighed and had lost another two pounds ;o)

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Glad to hear your dry run came in handy! It sounds as if you're taking to the life of a mother quite nicely. It suits you. :) I hope your carpal tunnel goes away soon. What a pain!

Eileen H said...

That post really cheered me up on a Monday morning:) you are both doing really well. Hurry up and go thoughts for your carpal tunnel syndrome. As for contraception, I find that a cup of hot chocolate at bedtime does the trick :-)

chocolat lover said...

thanks the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is slowly improving ;o)

Kelly - I am rather enjoying this Motherhood lark ;o)

Eileen - hot chocolate at bedtime sounds like the best option yet ;o)

Al said...

Being totally knackered is the most natural form of contraception there is!