Sunday 22 January 2012

dry run

I finally got around to doing a dry run of walking into town in preparation for my 6 week checkup at the doctors this Friday coming.

Evie finally woke up just after 8am and I fed her and changed her nappy...

...while she was sleeping I then got her changing bag ready (just putting in 2 sterilised bottles), and got her out a hat and some socks to wear to keep her that little bit warmer.

I then had a shower got dressed and had some breakfast (I had my breakfast inbetween putting the pushchair together...


...we finally got out at 10.10...

the findings from this tell me that I will have to either get Evie up earlier or put all of the stuff together and get myself ready before she wakes up for her feed!

LOL no wonder my Mum was always running late ;o)




6 comments:

Al said...

Remember when you used to just be able to get up, have breakfast and go? :)

Kelly said...

It certainly does take a bit longer to do things with a little one, but she is cute- so it's worth it (and you'll get used to it). :)

The Captain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Captain said...

This is the first chance to congratulate you and James on your new arrival. It was nearly 16 years ago (this July) that I first became a father and it's an incredible never ending journey.

The early months are a time for readjustment, your lives change beyond anything you expect. It's all worth it and I wish you guys all the best for your future. x

Eileen H said...

I did say your lives would never be the same again. She is so cute, bet you can't imagine life without her now:)

chocolat lover said...

Al - spontaneity of just going out has long gone ;o)

Kelly - its all quite fun really ;o)

thanks Kirt

Eileen - she has filled a void that I didnt realise was quite so huge ;o)